Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, November 03, 2008

Blogging at lunchtime is fun

It started getting cold about a week before Hallowe'en, which is something I'd kind of been looking forward to.  And when I say cold, I mean it dipped below 20 degrees (Celcius), not that it's gotten actually cold yet.  But it will, no doubt.  Hopefully I will be able to purchase some swanky rain/snow boots before the weather really starts to turn.  In the meantime, I get to wear all my fun cold-weather accessories, and I'm enjoying it because I don't have to wear them yet.  I'm not sure how I will feel when I am wearing everything I own in order to keep warm.

I haven't actually managed to get all my stuff home yet (I've still got a couple of boxes of stuff that I shipped from HK sitting in my office), but I've been progressively taking things home with me over the last couple of weeks.  Just about all my clothes have made it home (and the maid ironed stuff for me today, woohoo), and the big box is nearly empty.  I can't believe I actually have semi-full closets (I have two in my room; sweet). 

Workwise, things are going pretty well, I guess.  I'm still not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing, but we have a couple of projects coming up where I actually have to produce things, so I should be busy enough over the next couple of months at least.  I'm teaching about 12 of my colleagues English, which is fun, and I'm in charge of an intern who I won't comment on in case he ever finds this blog.  Meantime, if anyone wants to move to Shanghai, or knows anyone who does, we are looking for people who have excellent written and spoken English skills, preferably with some kind of teaching background or qualification.  Let me know!

In general news, things are okay.  I have been incredibly unmotivated to teach myself Mandarin, which I feel guilty about on a daily basis.  I have picked up a little bit (probably through osmosis), but really need to get on to active learning.  As it's been getting colder, I've picked up the crochet hooks again, so put in your orders for winter warmth by Wendy.  I'm not freaking out too much about the full timeyness of my life, yet, but the thought of not being able to take holidays when I want to still makes my throat close up a little bit.  I'm just thinking about the money.  Yay, money!

1 comment:

Eve said...

1) Yes please to WWW (Winter Warmth by Wendy) - a scarf? A hat? I would be most chuffed! I should be able to get those pyjamas soon, too, by the way.

2) I am actually surprising excited by the idea of Shanghai. If I didn't own a house and a have a variety of other claims on my time/life that'd be a pretty awesome opportunity. Hope you find the people you need! Speak soon chicky. x