Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Credit, I guess

I was at the airport on the way back from Hong Kong the other day when I stumbled across this book, which has one of my pictures on the cover.  I flicked through to see if any of my other pictures had been used, and another one of them had.  I guess I'm a published photographer now. 

I've got a bit of an issue with this book, though.  Even though I got a credit at the end of the book, and I knew that it was just going to be a submission to a Facebook group book that I would never see any royalties from, I never actually got any kind of notification or thanks from the author for it.  I wrote her a kind of passive-aggressive email about it when I saw my picture on the cover of the pre-release, and she wrote back to say that the cover wasn't finalised (the print version is the same as the pre-release image), and that everyone would get an email after everything was confirmed.  No such email.  Guess it just fell by the wayside.

I think the FB friend request from her may have been a mistake, like one of those scan your email account for familiar addresses and add them kind of thing, but maybe ignoring it was the wrong thing to do.

Oh well.  It's still sort of cool, I suppose.

Original post sent via email to Wendebulous

No comments: