Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Creating history

Tonight we did a record number of guests - 366, smashing the last record (which I was there for too) by a huge 12 people (although not necessarily 12 huge people).

I was given the solo section but promised a busser, so I started out quite confidently.  Then I was told she was going to be late.  By 8 o'clock I'd forgotten all about her ever coming at all (we still don't know what happened to her).  It was an insanely busy night for everyone, but thankfully most things went smoothly.  I managed to make the night really special for quite a few tables, and handled all the complaints and problems so well that my first large group told my manager that I'd saved the entire night for them.  I even managed three sittings on two of my tables.  Insanity.

All the guests left surprisingly early and we finished the night out with Veuve Cliquot and food from the phenomenal buffet at the restaurant above ours.

I am completely knackered (especially as I only had 4 hours of sleep this morning after staying up all night) and my feet, legs and biceps ache.

I am going to go to bed before 3am for a change.  Honest.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ciao baby!