Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Friday, December 02, 2005

Change of pace

I really enjoyed posting the lists recently. It was mostly due to time constraints but it also got my points across concisely which is quite satisfying. Unfortunately I also really like telling stories, and almost all of the points in the "Things I learned" series has a story attached to it. Hopefully I will be able to jot some down eventually, but the story of my life has been that there's never enough time. I am seriously considering buying a laptop so that when I leave the country again I will have a means to get my stories on file at least, and be able to publish them when I have access to the internet. It's a nice intention.

I have been back at the restaurant for three days, and so far have clocked up 10.25, 10 and 11 hours respectively. They were supposed to be 9, 8 and 8. This is not a promising start!

I will be working flat out (like a lizard drinking) [ha, love Alf Stewartesque Australianisms. I bet I just coined that phrase. History is in the making people!] until Christmas, at which time I will be madly trying to arrange my trip to China (and beyond) and spend time with my family and friends.

I am predicting that my next spate of posts (and I really am going to try) will be more war stories from the customer service front line. I hope you enjoy. It helps lessen the pain!

No comments: