Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

I know updates and emails have been few and far between lately and my apologies.

I have been in Bangkok since Sunday and leave tonight on a night bus down to Ko Pha Ngan to spend a few nights in a beach bungalow on an island and not do much. Not the best way to spend the night of my 25th birthday, but these things happen sometimes. I went out for a drink last night in an outside bar that used to be a petrol station. The bars were between the pumps and on the back of an old lorry. A daiquiri turned out to be served in a 1L jug, and the boys had buckets of vodka and red bull. Needless to say I only needed the one drink! Oh, and I had ice cream before that at Swensen's, an American ice cream shop we used to have at home. It was random but cool.

I have seen temples, palaces, markets, thai fighting and ridiculous traffic in Bangkok over the last few days. No physically unlikely sex shows, I have left those to the boys for when they get back here again. It's been awesome, but the pollution is starting to get to me (exhaust is so much worse when you're on the back of a tuk-tuk or walking through the streets). Another prime example is the woman smoking at the computer next to me right now (ugh).

After Ko Pha Ngan the boys will head north again and I'll be going west to Phuket to (hopefully) meet up with some friends I know from Scotland. I'm not sure how long I'll be there but I'm looking forward to some more beach time.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me happy birthday emails and texts. I only wish I was in one place so I could get birthday cards too! I will try and get some more time to reply to everything soon ...

No comments: