Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Gibbon Rehabilitation Project

I haven't been online for nearly a week, which is quite frightening! I've been spending most of my time (after a nightmare trip over from Koh Phangan) lounging on beaches on and around Phuket island. We're staying on a deserted 17km long beach called Hat Mai Khao with some lovely Chinese Thai people looking after us.

I've been swimming every day, started reading books again, gone sea kayaking, eaten a lot of market food (Muslim fried chicken is the bomb), visited a Gibbon Rehabilitation Project (doing their best to get abused gibbons back into the wild) and gotten very brown in the space of a few days. I have also done a lot more riding in the back of a ute than I've ever done, but I've decided it's a great way to see beautiful scenery, as well as give you an interesting hairstyle.

Better run, but on the cards next is a trip up to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, as well as a few days in Laos ...

No comments: