Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Wendy does not like Flixster!

And you can tell it's serious because the title is in the third person!
 
Recently I foolishly registered for flixster.com (don't do it!) as a bit of a timewaster and although I thought I was careful enough to uncheck all my email addresses before completing the registration, it still sent out invites to everyone in my address book, which included a fair amount of business addresses and other one-time email addresses that GMail had stored automatically for me (one of the few features I don't really approve of).
 
Naturally when I realised this, I was fairly mortified.  Probably not a big deal for most people, but the fact that I'd bothered up to 500 people with something I didn't even write myself is pretty significant!  So of course I wrote something myself to apologise for the faux pas and sent it on to those same people.
 
A week later, however, lo and behold they have sent another email, pretending that it was from me and that I said it was okay in the first place.  This is not the case!  So I have completely deregistered and do not endorse them in any way. 
 
Grrrrr. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flixster did the same to me. i'm scaning my computer and also had to send out apologies to everyone on my contacts list. i didn't even register. i just clicked on the link that was sent from someone i knew. i started the quiz and it was NEVER ENDING. i hope they don't send a second "invite" from me. is it legal for them to access your files...do they now have my password? should i change it?