Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

36.75 hours on the road ... and counting ...

Free internet is great.  Except that I am too tired to appreciate it.  And that I can't do the important stuff like bank transfers and emailing photos. 
 
 
Hong Kong International Airport is strange in the middle of the night.  Hardly anything is open and there are creepily few people around.  I flew in late and checked in a million hours early so I could use the (massive) departure lounge facilities.  The departure lounge is so big though that I can't find the place where you pay to nap/shower.  So I guess I will use the comfy banana chairs and forgo the shower.
 
 
I said bye to Angie and Ian yesterday.  I didn't have time to be sad about it but I'm sure gonna miss them.  I had to rush my goodbyes so I could get on the back of a motorbike wearing my daypack while the driver held my 20kg pack between himself and the handlebars.  We negotiated alleyways barely wide enough for our knees to pass through.  Then I had to sit for an hour and a half in a stinking hot minivan in awful Bangkok traffic while the driver examined what looked to be a hand-drawn map.  Not exactly encouraging.  It was 37 degrees C in Bangkok, way way too warm for me.  It sounds strange but I am quite enjoying wearing my hoodie in unseasonably cold Hong Kong (it is 10 degrees here at the moment).  I might even like wearing my gloves again when I get to London this afternoon.
 
 
Only 7 more hours until I am allowed to board my plane ...

1 comment:

NZBC said...

A week has passed - Are you safely in Scotland now?