Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, July 03, 2006

My most self-abasing apologies

Current location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my online presence in journal style. Four years in which I wish I could have genuinely written about everything that's happened to me. Perhaps there will be a book to come.

In the meantime, I have been trying to do justice to all the funny little things that have happened just in the past few weeks and it's virtually impossible. I managed to make it back to the UK after a long and arduous journey from central Anatolia, and then spent time in London followed by Wales followed by Windermere in the Lake District. Now I find myself back at home in Edinburgh, where funnily enough the online journal (not this one though) started for me.

I have been lucky enough to find that I have a lot of my good friends here – some have remained and some have returned – and have been spending all my time catching up with them. Hopefully there will also be time for me to catch up on tidying things up here, and perhaps find myself some gainful employment.

Wish me luck!

No comments: