Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Charity begins at home

I had a very lazy day today.  

I woke up early (well, considering I went to bed after 4am), as I usually do after I’ve been drinking.  I went out for a long overdue brunch with a friend and was treated with grounds in my coffee and laughable service from a girl who couldn’t speak English and was struggling through her first day.  My breakfast was thankfully really good, even though it lacked hash browns.

The only other thing of note I did today was donate blood.  I strongly suggest people do this regularly if they can.  It’s about the only charitable thing I do, asides from just being me.  

Actually, that is a lie.  I do donate when I can.  And I’d like to mention that this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month [American site] (the Sky Tower is lit in pink as part of the very cool Global Landmark Illumination Campaign). This week is also Bandanna Week, in support of CanTeen, a charity for teens and young adults with cancer.  Get a ribbon, get a bandanna.  They are great causes.  

I am going to get my bandanna tomorrow.  The last one at the blood centre tonight was grey, which isn’t really my colour.  I will donate, I swear.

No comments: