Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Morals, Ethics and Accountability

I have just started to be a little concerned about confidentiality and privacy with regards to the stories, names and businesses mentioned in this weblog. When I was using Diaryland I wasn't too worried about these issues because it was mostly the people in question who read the diary anyway, and most of them know each other.

I started thinking about whether or not these stories could get back to management regarding what I say about what happens in the restaurant, etc. Considering some of the subjects relate to the type of restaurant it is, and activities that can only be done there, it's not like I can really disguise where I work, like I could have done if I worked in a no-name random bistro (speaking of, here is another waiter’s tale, it must have been a weekend for “using the facilities”!). So I have decided to just carry on in the same vein as I have been so far, and not mention the names/addresses/phone numbers/credit card details of the people I am writing about …

No comments: