Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Blast from the Past

And I'm not talking about the Brendan Fraser/Alicia Silverstone movie either. Although you can vote that the Brendan Fraser/Christopher Walken/Sissy Spacek family is what's inside the hatch on Lost (care of Television Without Pity).

[I just found out that on top of spending $599.99 on a PSP (Playstation Portable, released 1 September 2005) with a 1GB memory stick (my little brother's 21st-present-to-be), I will also need to spend $49.99 on a USB cable that isn't included with the console. Whilst I love Sony, I think this is rude.]

Anyway, back to the point. I had a phone call last night at home which was strange as a) I was home and b) nobody ever calls me at home. In fact, virtually the only people that even call me on my mobile are my dad and people that want me to work for them. I live by email and text message. And back to the point again. The phone call was from my friend Alex, who I met when I was 15 and lost touch with a couple of years ago after we met up in Edinburgh. Asides from being excited that he has just moved to Auckland and I will get to see him next week, I am really happy that his attempt to contact me by calling my parents worked. He was totally expecting them to be like "Her?! She hasn't lived here for [insert random number] years!", but fluke of flukes, we are both in the same city at the same time. I'm very happy. We also didn't lose touch because we had a falling out or anything, honest. It was mutual losing details and email addresses being changed.

No comments: