Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, August 22, 2005

Education and the like

So apparently someone told one of the girls at the restaurant that I have time to tutor people (I really shouldn't complain about my neighbours). So she asked me whether I could help her friend's son with his spoken English so he can pass the English exam to get into university here. I told her I'm a bit short on time lately, but I'd think about it. She suggested that all I needed to do (for $20/hr) was just bring him along when I go out to dinner with my friends and let him sit and listen to us talk. Hello?! Creepy. Apart from the fact that I don't know the guy and I wouldn't be able to talk normally with a stranger listening to my private conversations, what sort of language would he be picking up? Not textbook English, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh ahhh ahhh ,
ohh yes that's creepy.....
kiss pat... I am so happy that you passed !!