Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Episode 15: In which I'm woken up early

Location: Göreme
Date: 03/04/2006
 
The girls we had had dinner with the night before had to wake up at 5am to see if the weather was good enough to go for a balloon ride through the valleys.  This is supposed to be one of the most phenomenal things you can do, and is penciled in on my to do list.
 
However, we were not due to balloon, and I was cosy in the first bed I'd slept in in a week.  Mazz woke early and the next thing I knew, she was waking me to see the balloons take off.
 
I stumbled out of bed and threw on some warm clothes before heading to the roof terrace.  The balloons were indeed beautiful, and it's a pity the weather wasn't a little clearer. 
 
We watched until the sun was almost through the clouds, and then headed back to bed ...

No comments: