Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Monday, April 24, 2006

There is no busy work here

Forget trying to look like you're worth employing by polishing cutlery, folding napkins or cleaning glasses.
 
If you're not immediately busy, you're standing around smoking, drinking (tea or otherwise) or playing on your mobile phone.  It doesn't seem to cross anyone's mind to do anything now so it doesn't have to be done later.
 
In my case, if I'm not busy I'm reading, playing on the internet or polishing cutlery, folding napkins or cleaning glasses.  Maybe that's why nobody else ever does it.  Or maybe it's because they used to be the bartender's jobs, before I happened to trigger some kind of mental collapse and he never came back to work.  But of course, that is another story.

No comments: