Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Just believe me, I'm Asian

We are trialling some Asian food for the menu here.  It's a pretty big deal in Turkey to have something that's not Turkish. 
 
Luckily or unluckily, the boys have had Chinese and Thai made for them before.  This means that they will eat it without question and like it, but it also means that my methods are questioned and if things aren't done exactly the same way as the previous cook, I get trouble.  Regardless of my "Well that's how they serve it in Thailand!"
 
Thankfully they eat it anyway. 
 
So Chinese stir fry noodles yesterday and beef green curry today.  What shall it be tomorrow?  Probably something along the same lines.  I only have limited ingredients and vegetables at hand.  But hooray for rice vermicelli!

No comments: