Stories, thoughts, observations, rants and dribble. Just another of my attempts to keep the interested people informed ...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another Patented Wong Abrupt Change of Plans

In another flash turn of events, I have managed to acquire myself a new abode for the next few weeks at least ...
 
I had an amazing time at the festival, survived 6 nights of camping in trance music on a slope in hail, flood and sunshine, met up with Jasmine and friends from New Zealand, met a whole bunch of new fantastic friends, and best of all got to experience the true phenomenon of a total solar eclipse.
 
I now find myself in Göreme, Cappadocia, central Anatolia (Asian part of Turkey).  This area has some of the most breathtaking landscape and topography that I have ever seen.  After three nights here I have acquired some new friends, a local bar and a fabulous restaurant which I will be partially sort of working at in exchange for room and board.  I wasn't planning on doing any work in the UK this month anyway, so this is a much cheaper option than there!  It came up as part of a chance meeting , and I don't believe in coincidences anymore ...
 
I am really looking forward to just chilling out here, doing a lot of walking, eating a lot of food and trying to avoid the imminent hordes of post-eclipse and pre-ANZAC tourists!  Oh, and trying to find myself an actual paying job for May onwards ... if anyone knows anyone who wants to give me a lot of money, let me know!
 
I have so many stories and so many photos, but hopefully I will have time to upload everything soon ...

No comments: